Wednesday 16 June 2021

Inspirational words on the importance of role models

Role models can be our parents, relatives, friends, teachers, colleagues, and even strangers. But one thing’s for sure. They all shape our lives. Here are some great quotes on role models curated by the Upbeatee review team.

“The most important single influence in the life of a person is another person … who is worthy of emulation.” – Paul D. Shafer

“The whole concept of role models is frightful. You gotta make your own role.” – William S. Burroughs

“What you teach your own children is what you really believe in.” – Cathy Warner Weatherford

“Why are the parents doing such a poor job of bringing up their children? Probably because they didn’t have very effective role models themselves when they were growing up. It could go back generations” – Karl Wiggins

“You’ve got to be careful whom you pattern yourself after because you’re likely to become just like them.” – Rich Mayo

“Polar north can’t get away from a magnet; the magnet finds it, no matter what.” – Jodi Picoult

“When you have lived your individual life in your own adventurous way and then look back upon its course, you will find that you have lived a model human life, after all.” – Joseph Campbell

“In truth, it’s all an act, outside of truth the act is real.” – Jordan G Truth

“You don’t stop dreaming and going after what you want when you have kids, you go harder. It is a lot easier for your kids to listen to you when your actions precede your words. When they see you moving forward and overcoming the various obstacles that come your way.” – Sope Agbelusi

“Let’s be very clear: Strong men – men who are truly role models – don’t need to put down women to make themselves feel powerful. People who are truly strong lift others up. People who are truly powerful bring others together.” – Michelle Obama

“I looked up to my parents because they were very successful in what they wanted to do. I was lucky; I didn’t have to look far for role models.” – Derek Jeter

“Sports is a metaphor for overcoming obstacles and achieving against great odds. Athletes, in times of difficulty, can be important role models.” – Bill Bradley

“My parents are my role models. All they’ve done for me, they’re just major people in my life. They’ve stood by me and got me where I am today.” – Keke Palmer

“I was used to being the only woman in everything… I didn’t even think about it. Men were my role models – there’s nothing wrong with that.” – Frances Arnold

For more inspirational content, check out Upbeatee today.

No comments:

Post a Comment